Welcome to our family's blog!

**Feel free to leave a suggestion or comment anytime. I love hearing from everyone.**

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun Weekend

Unfortunately, once again I left my camera at home. I made sure that I brought extra batteries for it and thought that it was in my purse, however, it was not. Still not sure where it is. Anyways, I was lucky enough to have my friends camera so as soon as I get those pictures I will post them.

Here is a low down of the weekend,

This weekend we had a blast. We went to the north beach of Bear Lake. I hadn't been to Bear Lake since I was a small child and Cody hadn't been since he was in high school. Neither of us had been to the Idaho side of the lake.


The water was so clear and low that the kids could walk out quite a ways and still the water was only up to their knees. We still had them wear their life jackets due to my fear of water.


We stayed from Saturday morning until that evening. We ended up getting rained out. No, rained out doesn't sound nearly as bad as it was. The rain started lightly, then progressed into painfully hard rain, then the wind picked up blowing sand at us with great force. I think that was the fastest clean up I had ever seen.


We all had a blast and would love to go back again sometime. Special thanks to our friends for inviting us!

2 comments:

Bill said...

You had been to the Idaho side beach twice... once the family went there for a day... you were about a year old (can't figure why you can't remember that)... and once with me for the Watkins Printing Company party... probably '84. We camped at the south end when Daniel was a baby and went into Idaho to the Minitonka (sp?) Cave.

Bill said...

clarification: The camping trip was the third trip to the north beach... It was windy and cold so we didn't stop and play but went to the cave.