Welcome to our family's blog!

**Feel free to leave a suggestion or comment anytime. I love hearing from everyone.**

Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Strep Throat

Alexa recovered quickly from her strange case of strep.

On that note, Mason came home this afternoon from a sleepover at his best friend, Pacen's, house. He came in the front door, threw his blanket down, and has an unpleasant look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said he was itchy. (They all had just had haircuts, Thanks Sunshine!) I told him to go take a cool shower and calm down.

Fifteen or so minutes later he came out of the shower. He said that his throat hurt. CRAP! I felt his head and he was burning up. I told him to put his clothes on and off to the urgent care we went.

After 45 minutes in the urgent care, the doctor came in and said "Mason has strep". The doc also listened to his lungs and said that she could hear weezing too. She gave us two presriptions (anitbiotic and steriod inhaler) and off to the pharmacy we went.

We went to the pharmacy and were told 10 minutes. 20 minutes later I could hear the pharmacist on the phone and he was arguing with someone. Then he said "the dose you prescribed for Mason is more than an adult should have." AWESOME! After the doc and pharm. decided what dosage my 8 year old should get, it had been another 45 minutes and Mason was starting to moan.

We got home, gave Mason all his medicine and had him lay down.

Now the best part...

Austin asked me for a drink of water. I got him one and after he drank it he scrunched his face and said "it hurts when I drink". SERIOUSLY?!

Cody piped in and said "Austin I asked you before your mom and Mason left if your throat hurt and you said no." Austin's response while pointing to his throat, "Is this my throat?".

By that time all the clinics were closed and there was no way we were going to the ER for strep. I gave him some pain reliever and a lozenge and hopefully he will make it through the night without pain and we will take him to the urgent care in the morning. Poor kids!

Later that evening...

I was talking with Sunshine, the mother of Pacen. She said that Pacen was now complaining of a sore throat. Needless to say we are going to carpool in the morning to the urgent care.

What a week.

4 comments:

Annie Miller said...

I just saw that on facebook. I'm sorry. That's pretty scary with the RX stuff!

Jenny Goretsky said...

that stinks! i hope they all get feeling better and that YOU don't catch it too! good thing the pharmacist was looking out for mason, that is scary!

Daniel said...

My pharmacist roommate will like this story...

Tukuafu's said...

Oh, crap. I am sorry! Strep is way sucky! We all had it a few months ago and it was horrible. Hope there is quick healing in your house! Take Care!