Welcome to our family's blog!

**Feel free to leave a suggestion or comment anytime. I love hearing from everyone.**

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Strep Throat


Alexa came up to me on Monday morning and said"my throat hurts". She had no fever and was running around the house singing. I thought to myself bullcrap. She just doesn't want to go to school. I told her that if she was really sick she should stay home with me and sleep all day. She decided she would rather go to school.


After school she said again that her throat hurt. I told her that I would take her to the doctor but if they told me that there was nothing wrong with her then she would stay in her room for the rest of the day. She said okay and off to the doctor we went.


When we got to the doctor she was playing on the toys and acting totally fine. The nurse called us back and then swabbed her throat. The nurse said she couldn't see anything and I told the nurse I thought Alexa was faking. The nurse left to run the swabs.


Two minutes later the nurse came in and said it was "very positive". CRAP! I felt like the biggest jack in the whole world! Alexa asked me if she was still in trouble.


Worlds Worst Mother Award goes to ME! I felt so bad.


Last night after getting her antibiotics, she spiked a fever and just kept moaning. I snuggled with her and tried to comfort her, still feeling like a total jerk.


Lesson learned!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh, don't feel bad. It happens to all of us. I told Ben the story of the boy that cried "wolf" and so no one believed him. He cried and said that I wouldn't believe him when he told me he loved me. I felt like a total jack too. What do ya do?? Hope she feels better soon! She sure is a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Gosh! Good Job Mom! Geeeezzzzz!!!! Just kidding! At least you caught it early! I hope she feels better soon! Let me know if theres anything I can help you with!

Bill said...

Ask your mother about when she safty pined a diaper directly to you back in the day of cloth diapers. It didn't slip off....

Annie Miller said...

That seems to be my life these days! Don't be too hard on yourself. Hope she feels better soon.

Jenny Goretsky said...

you are hilarious! great thing about it is that she will probably forget that you said all that stuff, and hopefully remember that you cuddled her to make her feel better!!